If, like me, you have had a lifelong yearn to have a go at making some pottery – maybe a cup or bowl or something a bit more sculptural or arty – then you may be interested in the Taster Workshops that I run at the wobbly potter studio in Little Kingshill near Great Missenden in Buckinghamshire.
Each workshop lasts for 3 hours during which we aim to
- Introduce you to clay, the process, the stages, the fun and the frustrations!
- Enable you to build a piece using handbuilt techniques
- Enable you to create a hanging decoration using clay slabs
- Enable you to have a go at throwing a piece on the wheel
At the end of the session, we hope that you will have created 3 pieces that I can finish and fire for you – to be collected or posted at a later date – or of course you would be most welcome to return to glaze yourself!
We like to keep the groups small so that everyone can get the very most out of the session so we will never have more than 3 people at a time and the focus is on having fun and creating something (even if it’s only a mess!)
Our overall objective is that you will come away from the session having had a great time and perhaps want to continue to explore the wonderful world of pottery.
You absolutely don’t need to have any experience of art or pottery or anything creative at all to get something from the session – I guarantee that every one out there has something in them that can emerge from throwing mud around!
If you would like to come along to a Taster Workshop then the costs are:
- If you would like a one-one session the cost is £45
- If you and one friend would like to come along the cost for the session is £80
- If you and two friends would like to come along the cost of the session is £110
All materials are provided, plus a cup of coffee or tea and if the head of catering has got their act together, there may be a cookie or cupcake involved!